Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Love List Number Six!

Hello my friends! I'm sure you know what day it is...MONDAY which means love list time!

I hope that everyone had a great past week and have some good things coming up this week!!

Here are some things I'm loving this week!

1. Productivity

After a couple speed bumps last week I managed to have a  really productive week, which was a good thing since I had quite a bit of work to get done! Thankfully this week will be a bit less demanding, but I am hoping to keep the momentum going and continue to get lots done!

2. Parks and Recreation 


(Source)
I just started watching this show and I've been really enjoying it!

Normally I have so many shows to keep up with that I don't have time to try many new ones. So, what better time to do so than in the summer when I have more time and fewer shows are airing?! This show is also great because episodes (without commercials) are just over twenty minutes long, the perfect length for a quick break from work!

3. Despicable Me 2

Speaking of screen time, this weekend I saw Despicable Me 2 with my dad and sister and it did not disappoint! I of course loved the minions, I don't think I will ever get over their cuteness, and it was overall a great movie! We were some of the only adults in a theater full of children and their parents and I could tell it was a hit because the children stayed remarkably quiet, excluding of course the laughing, throughout the whole thing! If you are looking for a cute and funny movie I would definitely recommend seeing it!

(Source)
4. New Music

I was listening to a playlist on Songza and one of the songs really jumped out at me, leading me to the artist Ivy Levan. It was her song Hang Forever which first hooked me, which unfortunately does not have an official music video out yet, but soon after searching on youtube I found her other songs and knew I had to buy her EP! I especially like her song Hot Damn, check it out! Her music just makes me want to get up and dance!

5. Digital Cookbooks Galore 

The site Vegan Cuts is having a special right now where a bunch of digital downloads of cookbooks, meal plans, and more are 90% off! I just downloaded 9 different ebooks for $14.99! Look how awesome!

I haven't had a chance to explore the books yet, but I am excited to do so! A couple of them I had been pondering trying out at the full price and the rest look super tasty, so I figured why not!

6. Re-affirming Articles

I came across this article about positive thinking this morning. Many of the reasons talked about there are why I love doing these lists! No matter what else is happening, especially on a Monday, there is always something to love and appreciate, the silver lining if you will.

In this article I especially like the mention of gratitude, something I am working on in myself. Whenever I find myself in a funk or bad mood that I just can't seem to get out of I like to think of at least 3 things I am grateful for, it really puts things into perspective!

So, what are you grateful for? I'd love to hear!

Happy Monday everyone, I hope you are having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment