Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday Love List Number Twelve

Oh right! It's Monday!

It has been a crazy weekend for me and my family in which we moved my younger sister into college! While we had to carry lots of stuff up stairs and went to target way too many times, we got it all done, and I am so happy for my sister.

So...

1. College!!! 

College is so much fun. So much stress, but also so much fun. I really enjoyed exploring another school's campus and community and it added to my excitement about my sister's college experience as well as my own! I can now say I am excited to head back to school in the fall (although I am still looking forward to the time I have off!)

2. Vegan fast food

This food was awesome. In San Diego, where my sister is attending San Diego State University, me and my parents ate at Evolution Fast Food, a vegan, organic, mostly raw restaurant and it was awesome. Like seriously, we enjoyed it so much that we went back to try it again!

The first night we went here I had the raw burger with stuffed veggies and a berry flax smoothie and it was all wonderful. My Dad had essentially the same thing and my Mom tried the mushroom swiss burger. The second time we came here my dad and I had the raw tacos with some more smoothies, my mom tried the south of the border burger and we also had an order of fries. And man those fries were awesome.

I also really liked having the whole fast food experience, something I don't have often. Every once and a while, that's just what you want!

This food was so good that me and my parents have still been thinking about it! If you are in the area you should definitely check it out!

3. Trail-mix cookies

For our travels I made a batch of these cookies and they are amazing. They were great for me since I had almost all of the ingredients in my pantry!

My family also really enjoyed these cookies and they were gone quickly. I try to avoid making big batches of things if I will be the only one eating them, so this was a great time to try them out. I definitely recommend them!

Alright, as I am totally exhausted, I think that's it for now. I hope you all had a great weekend and have lots of fun things planned for the upcoming week!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment