Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Are You a Vegan?!

If so you should participate in "The Big Vegan Count!" The London Vegan Society is attempting to figure out how many vegans are in the world, a very useful figure!

I just did this and it took less than a minute and you don't have to provide any personal information (unless you want to give them your email to receive updates). Let's see how many vegans are out there!

In other news, my parents and I just got to the eco-vegan resort we are staying at for a few days, the Stanford Inn by the Sea, and so far it has been amazing! Tomorrow I am taking a yoga class, having a private nutrition session with the resident nutritionist here, as well as planning on doing some outdoor activities! We already dined at the vegan restaurant which was quite tasty and very accommodating of my allergies. So far so good!

Finally, has anyone else watched the google+ hangout with JL Fields about getting more grains into your diet? I was happy to see the video was available after the hangout as I have recently been paying a little more attention to the amount of grains I consume. When I was tracking my diet for my nutrition class this summer I discovered I only consume 16% of the recommended grains daily! While nutritionally this is not presenting problems for me, I think adding more grains to my everyday diet would be a good way to keep me satisfied for longer periods of time after a meal. JL provided some useful tips and I think I am going to make more of an effort to batch cook my grains!

Check out the video!


No comments:

Post a Comment