Friday, August 2, 2013

My Favorite Snack: Peanut Butter Cup Apple Slices

It is a rainy Friday here in Seattle which, for the second day in a row, ruined my plans to spend my free time getting some natural vitamin D. Luckily, I have been finding myself surprisingly productive on this rainy day and as such, I thought it would be a great time to share my favorite snack!

Now, I am really not one for favorites. If someone were to ask me what my favorite fruit is, my answer would probably be along the lines of "Mango, NO apple, NO blueberries...WAIT or watermelon." The same goes for essentially anything else. If people ask, I'll tell them my favorite color is purple, but actually? How could I choose among all the wonderful colors out there!
There's no way!
However, I can definitely say that this is my favorite snack, and that's really saying something!

Peanut butter cup apple slices:

Ingredients: 
  • 1 apple of choice
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter (other nut butters are also delicious)
  • 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon sweetener (my favorites are agave nectar and maple syrup)


Directions: 
  1. Mix everything except apple together until it forms a creamy consistency, much like nutella. 
  2. Slice apple, I like to slice it in really thin slices. It's so much fun!
  3. Dip apple slices in spread and enjoy!
So much yummy going on!
I love having this snack at any time, it never fails to satisfy. It is also great because as someone with a real weak spot for chocolate, I can enjoy this with much less sugar and without that sick feeling I get when I've had just a little too much of those chocolate chips. 

What about you, do you have any favorite snacks?

 Happy Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment