Monday, September 23, 2013

My Favorite Blogs Part Two: Choosing Raw

Happy Monday!

Today I thought I would add another installation to my posts about the blogs that I love! So I'm going to gush about Gena Hamshaw at Choosing Raw! So here we go! Favorite blog number two...

(Once again please note all the photos I share here originally came from Gena's blog and were not taken by me. You can right click each image to find its source)


Choosing Raw


I absolutely adore this blog. Not only does Gena share delicious recipes with stunning photos but she also writes beautifully and posts about more than just food. Here are some of my favorite things from her blog!


Gena is definitely the one that sparked my love of chia seeds and chia pudding. She has so many amazing recipes using chia seeds, such as: 


 





Gena also makes amazing salads. Her salads are what inspired me to play with kale and ultimately fall in love with it! Her beautiful salads always look amazing and inspire me to make a more interesting salad for my lunches. 


This drink definitely hits the spot. I have always loved mangoes and likely eat them every day. I also love a good mango lassi but most Indian restaurants don't serve vegan ones. And so I was thrilled to try this vegan version and have been making it often ever since. It is super easy to make and always turns out amazing! 

Beautiful!

There are many many more amazing recipes by Gena which you should definitely peruse through if you are looking for something tasty to eat!

Another one of my favorite things about Gena's blog is how she goes into other issues, and doesn't just talk about food. 

She has a great section explaining veganism and raw foods. Another great section of her blog is the Green Recovery Series. Gena explains "Green Recovery is my attempt to highlight stories of the many men and women who have moved beyond disordered eating patterns (at least in part) with the help of a plant-based diet." I always find these posts extremely moving and meaningful and love to read them. 

Gena also talks about things such as GMO labeling, the links between eating disorders and obesity, and cases of fat shaming, and is on her way to becoming a doctor.  

All and all I always find Gena's posts insightful and inspiring and whether they inspire me to make a delicious, healthful meal or to ponder an important issue, they are always amazing to read!

Well there you have it, some of the many reasons why I love Gena's blog Choosing Raw!

No comments:

Post a Comment